We are looking for an experienced and skilled Imam on a part-time basis (24 Hours per week, Fri-Sun)
The Imam will be responsible for devising and implementing systems and procedures for all of the responsibilities described below. The successful candidate will, therefore, need to be flexible in both managing the weekly hours and approaches in order to carry out duties effectively and efficiently.
- Leading the prayers. Three days weekly, currently, as agreed on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- Delivering the fifth monthly and any other Friday prayer sermons as and when needed and requested.
- Conducting all other prayers as required such as funeral prayers and wedding ceremonies.
- Managing and overseeing the organisation of the adult and youth classes
- Designing and delivering special classes i.e for those new to Islam to understand Islam/ General Fiqh i.e I: Iman. II. Ibada.III. Ihsan
- Teaching, monitoring, assessing and evaluating the syllabus and performance of the classes, and overseeing the examination processes
- Running adult Islamic classes every Fridays, Saturday & Sunday evenings.
- Participating in interfaith activities
- Establishing relationships with other communities and agencies on behalf of MCEC, if and when requested.
- Acting as a religious ambassador and representative for MCEC at community events and functions, as and when requested by management.
Up-to £24,720/Per Annum
Please note all successful candidates will be subject to Enhanced CRB/DBS checks.
How to apply:
Please submit your CVs and application letters by Friday 8th March 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Job Description available here.