The blessed month of Ramadan is leaving us. These last few days of Ramadan are the most precious. We do not know if we will see another Ramadan so it is imperative that we don’t take these last few days of Ramadan for granted. With all the excitement for Eid, we must remember to stay focussed for these last few days.
In the blessed month of Ramadan the rewards for our good deeds have been multiplied exponentialy. As the Prophet (pbuh) said, “Whoever draws near to Allah during it (Ramadan) with a single characteristic from the characteristics of (voluntary) goodness, he is like whoever performs an obligatory act in other times. And whoever performs an obligatory act during it, he is like whoever performed seventy obligatory acts in other times.” (Sahih Ibn Khuzaymah)
Accordingly, in this month we have made a concious effort to increase our ritual worship and attain closeness to Allah Almighty in our desire to attain a place in Paradise. The Qur’an and ahadith inform us hundreds of ways to attain the pleasure of Allah, the Majestic and enter Paradise.
As we enter the final days of Ramadan, reflect on the following ten ahadith which show us some ‘shortcuts’, some simple but effective ways to enter Paradise through the remembrance of Allah and prayers. It is important to have true belief, sincerity and act in the spirit of the words one is reciting for a Believer to benefit from such glad tidings.
- Whoever believes (has Imaan) in Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him), and establishes the prayer and fasts in the month of Ramadan, it is incumbent upon Allah that He enters him in Jannah. (Bukhari)
- Whoever says: “I am pleased with Allah as my Rabb, and with Islam as my Deen, and with Muhammad (peace be upon him) as my Prophet”, Jannah would be mandatory for him. (Abu Dawud)
- Whosoever last words are: La ilaha illa Allah, will enter Paradise. (Abu Dawud)
- Whoever says “SubhanAllah al-Adthim wa Bihamdihi (Glorified and Exalted is Allah, The Great, and with His Praise), a date-palm tree will planted for him in Jannah. (Tirmindhi)
- Allah has Ninety Nine Names, one hundred minus one, and whoever believes in their meanings and acts accordingly, will enter Jannah. (Bukhari)
- Whoever repeats after the Mu’adthin (the caller to prayer) from his heart (i.e., sincerely) will enter Jannah. (Nasa’i)
- Whoever prays the two prayers at Asr and Fajr will go to Paradise. (Bukhari)
- Any one performs the ablution perfectly and then offers 2 rak’ahs of prayers concentrating on them with his heart and face, paradise will necessarily fall to his lot. (Abu Dawud)
- Whoever prays 12 Rak’ah in the day and night, a house in Jannah will be built for him. (Nasa’i)
- Whoever goes to the mosque in the morning and evening, Allaah will prepare for him an honourable place in Paradise every time he goes and comes. (Bukhari)
By Imam Qari Muhammad Asim
Senior Imam – Makkha Masjid, Leeds
Senior Editor – ImamsOnline
Note: The views expressed are those of the author and may not necessarily reflect that of ImamsOnline.