*To be updated daily – 06/04/2020
What should Imams be doing?
As of 24/03/2020, As Governments around the world have started to close all “non-essential” shops, restaurants due to the spread of the Coronavirus – this includes ALL places of worship.
The below image has some suggested guidance from Imams Online about what the key roles of the Imams are now that Mosques and Islamic centres are closed. Imams still have an integral role to play, communities across the UK and the world are at home and require more than ever, information, guidance, and support from their religious leaders.
Current Government & Health Advice & Links
- Public Health England advice
- Health Protection Scotland advice
- Public Health Wales advice
- Public Health Agency (Northern Ireland) advice
- Public Health England campaign resources (posters, other resources etc)
Official Government advice:
What Can Imams Be Doing During The Pandemic?
Below are various links to videos, article, documents and guidance by leading Faith leaders and organisations
- Resources for Christian leaders during the Coronavirus Pandemic – VIEW
- Coping with Coronavirus – Yaqeen Institute (Shaykh Omar Suleiman) – VIEW
- With Mosques shut, Muslims turn to technology – VIEW
- How religious leaders can stop the spread of the Coroanvirus – VIEW
- What Imams are saying and encouraging during the Coronavirus – VIEW
- The importance of Imams using digital technology to stay connected with the community – VIEW
- Burial and Ghusal Champion Volunteers Required – VIEW