Ashford and Stains Community Centre and Mosque are hiring!
POSITION: Community Imam & Liaison Officer
LOCATION: ASCC, London Rd, Ashford, Middlesex TW14 8RW
SALARY: Starting salary £25-27K per annum – based on experience
This position is upon a contractor basis, which requires success candidate to submit service invoices a monthly basis.
- Community work
- Visit schools, hospitals, etc.
- Liaise with local Police, council and relevant organisations.
- Work collectively on Interfaith dialogue and cohesion
- Invite scholars to address community
- Centre Management Duties
- Safeguarding Lead for Masjid & Madrasah
- Ensure all groups (service users) are compliant with the Safeguarding Policy
- Create, update manage all policies including, risk register.
- Oversee all maintenance and operational affairs of centre; including regular fire alarm tests, safety compliance, etc.
- Leading Prayers
- Work in tandem with existing Imams
- Lead all prayers as per agreed salaah rota
- Deliver Eid and Friday Khutbahs as per rota
- Lead taraweeh salaah (if Haafidh)
- Administrative Duties
- Manage office; check emails, answer phone-calls,
- Facilitate a volunteer to update Masjid Facebook account & website.
- Madrassah Duties
- Currently operating on the weekend and 3 weekdays for 150+ children
- Undertake full administration of Madrasah (registration, fees collection, parents meetings, correspondence, ordering teaching materials)
- Teach children if required